Position: Enterprise Support Engineer - Intervention
Reporting to: Enterprise Technical Support Manager
To provide to all clients, technical support and troubleshooting guidance together with relevant teams within the organization, in areas pertaining to Wide Area Network(WAN), Local Area Network(LAN), Internet, data, voice, mail and LAN services queries from customers satisfactorily within the defined scope and laid down standards processes & procedures within the Helpdesk or Onsite.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow up with supporting teams e.g. field, Transmission and core network support to resolve issues within the standard timelines.
- Receive escalated cases from corporate customer care, Enterprise Helpdesk and resolve issues using appropriate technical troubleshooting guidelines and techniques to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Configure/setup variety of equipment including routers and high end Layer 3 capable switches, Unlicensed Microwave radio equipment and demarcation modems
- Provide customers with technical advice and appropriate recommendations of issues
- Constant engagement with the CRM / case management system for assigned cases, updating of the assigned tickets and resolution and or closure as is appropriate.
- If required, pro-actively seek guidance from other technical teams / management to identify and propose ticket resolutions
- Ensure that the correct process and procedures are followed for ticket management and escalations
- Meet quality objectives by following the recommended guidelines provided for quality management
- Provide accurate and timely feedback and reports to line manager and Head of ETS as may be required
- Assist Help Desk team where needed in case of influx of or as per assignment given by the shift manager.
- Any other duty as may be assigned and or delegated by line manager.
- Effective and efficient utilization of organizational resources as may be allocated. Utilize company provided tools to capture / record and drive appropriate resolution. E.g. LAN Support, Intermapper, Solarwinds, Cacti, Nagios.
- Be able to work in a shift system as per the sections shift to be designed based on workload.
- Continuous growth in skill set through successfully getting / acquiring training resulting in demonstrable increase in skill set and thus overall improvement in output provided.
- Any other tasks as ay be assigned.
Academic/ Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Telecommunications or related field from a recognized institution
- 2-3 year’s work experience in a senior support role within the telecommunication industry
- Cisco Certified Network Associate is a Plus
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI Model and standard network technologies
- Customer & results orientation
- Experience with managing Enterprise customers' expectations
- Problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical thinking
- Planning and organizing and pro-active approach
- Team-work, communication and co-operation
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule to meet 24/7 business requirements
This position is open to Kenyan citizens only. If you fit the required profile, please apply highlighting how your qualifications, experience and career aspirations match the requirements for this position.
Application should be sent by latest 21st August 2017 , please provide an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Apply through firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the job title is quoted on the subject field. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.