Position: Channels Manager
Reporting to: Head of Channels
Department: Enterprise Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
To sell and manage the distribution of Telkom product and services to Partners and Channels customers within an appointed area, the role needs to identify and facilitate sales opportunities within current and new Partners and Channels customers to maximise sales within the appointed area. The incumbent also will be responsible for consistently achieving sales targets, growth plans & Relationship management with key customers and partners for the appointed area.
Working For Us, We Expect You To:
- Contribute to the cost savings target of the business
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and partners and facilitate the continuous growth of the customer base for the assigned area
- Determine required solution for the customer with a focus on cross- and up selling of products and services
- Develop and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the partner and customer’s business for the assigned area
- Conduct analysis of customer, partners and sales metrics, costs and categories to inform business decisions
- Address and resolve escalated issues from customers and partners
- Forecast and maintain sales plans with customers and partners for the assigned area
- Ensure the accuracy of the first bill as per the signed agreement
- Continuously ensure alignment with marketing, branding and communications procedures
- Compile and execute action plans to grow the customer and partner footprint for the assigned area
- Forecast and monitor sales for the relevant market segments for appointed area
- Provide insights in the growth strategies in conjunction with partners and customers and partners to drive business growth for appointed area
- Facilitate and maintain the development of communication channels on all levels to prevent breakdown in information flow
- Support sales administration team with required information for sales order management
- Support the finance team in money collection and issue resolution
- Keep customer information and contractual agreement up to date
- Ensure adheres to policies and procedures to support governance and controls
- Take responsibility for self-development through self-study, identification of learning opportunities
- Embark on a continuous learning drive to stay abreast with best practice in Telecoms and related industries
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures to ensure a consistent delivery of sales and sales message to all customers and partners.
Academic background & Professional Knowledge
- Relevant Business degree in Marketing, Economics or any related field
- Possession of CIM Certification is an added advantage
- Have experience of between 3-5 years mostly in Marketing & Sales management.
- Be able to direct a channel with multiple accounts and partners
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
- Outstanding Presentation skills
- Supply chain understanding
- Relationship Management & Negotiation Skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com for internal applicants and to firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 15th July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.