Position: Product Manager
Reporting to: Head of Products & Solutions
Department: Enterprise Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
To conceptualize and develop the Enterprise product and service offerings through innovation and evolution of current and new products and services to increase the customer experience, acquisition and retention. To ensure that the products and services are functioning according to the business specifications as well as to plan and execute the implementation roadmap up to market release ready.
Working For Us, We Expect You To:
- Ensure product developments are executed within specified timelines and budgets.
- Alignment of products and services offering to a positive business case while remaining competitive in the market
- Support the achievement of sales targets through effective product development and sales enablement
- Develop relevant products offerings to increase the customer experience, acquisition and retention
- Ensure the reporting of accurate, relevant and timely information to guide decision making
- Execute the product and service roadmap in compliance with the product development governance for the assigned portfolio
- Oversee the development of the products and services based on business specifications across the customer life cycle
- Develop, test and manage the customer journey for the assigned product and services.
- Ensure thorough technical tests and user acceptance test
- Develop, monitor and execute products and solutions launches supported by Marketing team
- Timely execution and follow through of product development in line with the portfolio strategy and roadmap.
- Identify and implement optimization opportunities within the current offerings and inform relevant stakeholders
- Prepare and present the relevant product portfolio reporting with analytics for all levels of the business i.e. board, exco, opscom, operational
- Update the internal stakeholders on the general trends for the assigned product development specialization
- Support sourcing in partner onboarding and contract negotiations
- Define and implement the portfolio roadmap for agreements, service partners and enablers for the assigned portfolio
- Development and monitoring of the key tools required for products and services offering depending on assigned portfolio to increase customer retention and experience
- Ensure a thorough understanding of the Telkom products and services, policies and procedures
Academic background & Professional Knowledge
- Relevant Business degree in Business, IT or any related field
- Have experience of between 3-6 years mostly in Marketing Management, Customer Lifecycle management, Product Development,
- Having worked in a Telco environment is highly desirable
- Passionate dedication to your craft and desire to work with people who inspire you on a daily basis
- Natural tendency to be positive, creative, and curious
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
- Product development
- Outstanding Presentation skills
- Relationship Management & Negotiation Skills
- Resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Efficient and results oriented
- Self-motivated person able to work under minimum supervision.
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com for internal applicants and to firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.