Position: Senior Manager-OCS & VAS
Reporting to: Head of Service Platforms
Department: Technology Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fibre optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The incumbent will be responsible for the planning, operations and maintenance of OCS & VAS platforms. This is a key role in the overall execution of the Technology strategy and will require a multi-disciplinary approach where financial; customer & internal processes and people management come together.
Working For Us, We Expect You To:
- Leading and growing a team of skilled engineers to deliver exceptional results
- Leading architecture and service design to deliver best-in-class systems and customer-centric services
- Fulfilment of service requests from internal and external customers
- Implementation of a business analysis approach to identifying business needs and determining solutions to business problems. The solutions should consider technology systems, process improvement, organizational change or strategic planning and policy development
- Service forecast, planning, deployment and optimization of the platforms including asset management
- Research and development of new features, solutions & technologies
- Vendor management to ensure that vendors deliver the highest product & service quality while managing costs and timelines
- Enforce strict adherence to the change management process to minimize the impact of change-related incidents upon service quality, and consequently improve the day-to-day operations of the organization.
- Analysis and tracking of KPIs for performance and capacity & Regular reporting
- Working closely with Finance and Revenue Assurance team to ensure timely creation of resources and minimizing revenue leakage
- Proactive system monitoring and both issue & problem management with SLA
- Management & support of developers and other integration partners both internal and external
Academic background & Professional Knowledge:
- Holder of Engineering Degree or any related field
- Have at least 8-10 years’ experience in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of billing and messaging platforms.
- 3-5 years experience in the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of mobile operator platforms and technologies
- 3-5 years management experience and leading teams
- Thorough grounding in telecommunications grade hardware & software platforms, integration management, network design & implementation, operation and maintenance methods and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of prepaid and postpaid charging, data, messaging and other value added services, and relevant standards and best practices in these domains.
- Hands on experience with mobile money, payments and banking.
Here Are The Skills We Are Looking For:
- Business acumen and principles and techniques of administration,organisation and people management
- Networking skills to form collaborative partnerships
- Unquestionable integrity, strong character, confidentiality and professional maturity
- Energetic, drive, assertive and ability to take own initiative, possess a “can do” attitude
- Forward planning and strategic thinking
- Commercial awareness
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisation and delegation
- Effective communication
How to Apply
Application should be sent to email@example.com for internal applicants and to firstname.lastname@example.org for external applicants by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 23rd July 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.